Verifying that the Blue Green Analytics script is properly implemented and firing on your site is quick and easy, no matter your technical ability. We'll walk you through our two favorite methods here.
The coffee break way.
Not interested in getting too technical? This is the method for you.
Once you've deployed the script on your site (see our documentation here), go grab yourself a cup of coffee, let it cool a bit, then sit back down and take your first sip.
Assuming that took about 10-15 minutes, you should now have visitor data trickling in. To confirm, log in to Blue Green Analytics and navigate to Search—you should see your pages starting to stack up under the search bar (see photo).
No pages showing up yet? Reach out to us here. We're more than happy to take a look for you!
Using developer tools in your browser.
This method is best for those who are comfortable using developer tools in different browsers and are looking for a quick answer to, "is the script working on my site?". To get started...
- In a new window, navigate to a page on your website.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select Inspect (sometimes "Inspect Element" depending on the browser).
- Select the Network tab and a little below that, select XHR (or "Fetch/XHR" depending on the browser).
- Now, in the search bar just above or to the left, type in "tp2".
- Refresh the page, and you should see "tp2" show up as a POST request with a status code of '200'.
- To check other pages on your site, continue navigating around with developer tools open, and you should continue seeing "tp2" popping up with each successive page load.
Not seeing tp2 in developer tools? Reach out to us here. We're more than happy to take a look with you!
Note: Blue Green Analytics currently relies on individual page loads to fire. If your site is a single page application, and you'd like Blue Green Analytics to work for you, please let us know!